- Deepen User Insights: Enhance your understanding and gain richer context about your users.
- Unlock Invaluable Data: Access information previously out of reach, propelling your strategy forward.
- Forge Data Partnerships: Establish beneficial collaborations through streamlined data sharing.
- Minimize Liability: Reduce risks by limiting your direct handling and storage of sensitive personal information (PII).
- Diverse Applications: The possibilities are vast, from verifying identity components to offering targeted promotions.
Ultimately, each verifier possesses unique objectives and requirements. The data they seek provides diverse advantages, whether it's for gaining deeper insights, ensuring authenticity, or crafting specialized offers.
Similar to issuers, anyone can be a verifier. We anticipate that primary verifiers will be applications and websites that require information from their user base. If you wish to request Private Data Assets (PDAs) information on behalf of your organization, you can either coordinate with your Org Admin to add you as a member or establish your organization directly through our API. To understand the ins and outs of verifying, head to Gateway's "Verify" section. However, even individuals can request and send information to one another. Watch below as I send a copy of my PDA to the co-founder of Gateway, Nuno.
While anyone can step into the shoes of a verifier, we envision that the main players will be applications and websites seeking vital information from their user base.
If you're considering leveraging verifications for your organization:
- Adding to Existing Organization: Collaborate with your Org Admin to get added as a member.
- Create a New Organization: Alternatively, take the direct route and create a new organization through our API.
Kickstart Your Journey: Dive into the essentials of verification by exploring the "Verify" section on Gateway.
But it's not all about organizations; individuals, too, have the power to request and share information. To see it in action, join me below as I demonstrate sharing my PDA with Gateway's co-founder, Nuno, directly from the dashboard.
Determine the most pertinent information for your needs by delving into the Gateway Explorer. See firsthand the data models adopted by various issuers, granting you clarity on how Private Data Assets (PDAs) circulate within the network.
Tailor Information to Your Needs: With a clearer view of the PDAs in the ecosystem, tailor them effectively for your specific use cases.
Seeking Specific Data or Partners? If there's a particular issuer or partner whose data aligns with your requirements, don’t hesitate to drop us a line at [email protected]. We're committed to expanding our network and will strive to onboard your preferred issuer.
Referral Rewards Await: Bring an issuer into our fold, and if they commence with issuing (over 100,000 PDAs), you'll earn a $200 credit, free to use for verification!
- Guardians of User Data: As receivers of user-identifiable information, verifiers bear the responsibility of ensuring this data remains secure and untouched by malintent. Forwarding this information to unauthorized third parties is strictly off-bounds.
- Transparent Communication: It's a verifier's duty to be forthright about their intentions. When requesting data, they must clearly articulate its intended use, as highlighted in the 'data use' section during the request initiation.
Verifiers use Data Requests to get information from owners. When Data Requests are successfully completed, Verifiers are billed depending on the PDAs they have received.
A Data Request Template sets the foundational structure for each Data Request. Essentially, all Data Requests adhere to the blueprint of the chosen template. Embark on your journey by either opting for an existing template from our curated list or sculpting a unique one to your specifications. Eager to explore what's already out there? The Gateway Explorer, launching soon, is your destination for that.
To paint a picture: imagine we're at Ticketmaster, utilizing the “User Listening Patterns” Data Request Template. Peek into the specifics of this template just below:
Upon selecting the appropriate Data Request Template, Ticketmaster proceeds to engage users on its platform by initiating Data Requests. Integral to this process, they must clearly delineate the “Data Use,” ensuring users understand exactly how their information will be utilized upon receipt.
Owners have the autonomy to either approve or decline the request. Should they remain undecided for 3 days, the request automatically expires. Upon a successful acceptance by the owner, a Data Proof is sent to the verifier. This Proof provides a fixed snapshot of the requested PDAs, readily accessible through the dashboard or via the API.
And there you have it! You're now primed to utilize the data aligned with the stipulations in your "Data Use" section.
As highlighted in the “Issuers” section, verifiers have payment obligations based on the specific PDA content received in their proof. Organizations will be presented with a consolidated invoice at the close of each month, reflecting all received proofs. These collected funds are then appropriately allocated to the corresponding issuers.
Good news for users: Both proof costs and request fees are subsidized for the upcoming weeks!
Do note, Gateway Protocol levies a 7% facilitation fee for each generated Proof.
You can start integrating the verifying process here. If you want to learn more about the protocol, start here!
Updated 2 months ago